As we grow older, our hair follicles tend to slow down their ability to generate melanin. This causes the hair to turn grey or white.
While it’s normal for aging individuals to have gray hair, premature graying of hair can be quite disturbing.
Many people use hair dye to deal with this problem. However, there are several other effective ways to avert premature graying of hair.
In that light, we present you a simple recipe that will help prevent your hair from turning white or gray.
- 5 medium-sized potatoes
- A large pot
- A big bowl
- A colander
- A moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- A bottle of old shampoo
- A towel
Peel the potatoes and put them, together with the peels, in a large pot containing half a gallon of water. Allow them to boil on high heat for about 30 minutes.
Then, strain the water into a large bowl. After separating the peels and water, save the liquid in a jar by flushing the husks.
Use high-quality moisturizing products to moisturize and wash your hair. Then, apply the remedy on your hair and leave it on for about 2 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Tips to prevent gray hairs
1. Avoid stress. Otherwise, you will age faster, resulting in hair graying.
2. Avoid smoking. Studies have shown that cigarettes cause premature aging of the skin and hair as it undermines the blood circulation and oxygenation of the body cells.
3. Drink plenty of water. Proper hydration delivers essential nutrients to the hair, keeping it healthy, beautiful, and young for longer.
4. Consume copper -rich foods. According to some study findings, the absence of copper in our diet leads to premature graying of hair. Foods rich in copper include: