Our oral health is extremely important for our overall health. Taking care of the gums, teeth and mouth prevent bad breath, tooth decay and gum diseases. Healthy mouth can also protect other medical issues such as diabetes, heart attack and stroke.
If left untreated mouth can represent infection source. More than 500 spices of bacteria in out mouth create dental plaque, leading to trench mouth, periodontitis and gingivitis.
Apart from flossing and brushing, mouthwash is another important part of the oral hygiene. It also fights bacteria that can not be reached with brushing and removes plaque. It refreshes the breath and leaves the mouth thoroughly cleaned.
Here are the benefits of using homemade mouthwash:
- Chemical-fee (the products in the stores are full of artificial sweeteners, flavorings, chemicals, preservatives and artificial colors)
- It is cheap (you can combine your mouthwash by using a few natural ingredients)
- You have control over the ingredients (get rid of plaque by using all natural ingredients)
Today we will present you cheap and extremely effective in removing plaque and helping you maintain healthy and pearly white. Baking soda is the most powerful cleaner which is also used in many different ways to keep your oral hygiene.
Potent stain removal and bleaching properties are consisted in this ingredient. It is also rich in anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties which destroy tartar and microbes – the underlying reason of bad breath and cavities.
HOMEMADE MOUTHWASH RECIPE
- A toothbrush
- A cup of cold water
- ½ cup of warm water
- ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- Combine the salt with the baking soda
- Soak your toothbrush in a cup of warm water and then spread the mixture over
- Wash your teeth
- Create a mouthwash by mixing a warm water and hydrogen peroxide
- Swish the resulting mixture in your mouth for 60 sec and then spit
- Get rid of the tartar between your teeth by using a toothpick
- Wash with cold water
- Perform oil pulling on a daily basis
- Stimulate the production of saliva which eliminates the oral cavity by eating more spicy food
- Never swallow mouthwash!
- Use high quality toothpaste and brush your teeth 3 times per day